Nautilus & Opsix – Korg Offers Two New Synthesizers
Japanese musical instrument maker Korg introduced two New Synthesizers: Nautilus and Opsix. As Now You Tech, we researched for you, let’s take a look at the innovations together.
Korg Nautilus has a simple but no less elegant design. And it uses nine well-known Sound Engines from Korg Kronos. Excellent clarity and High-Quality Sounds and Functions are accompanied by great ease of use to work with the Nautilus.
The focus of the synthesizer is on the aforementioned revised sound engines with over 1,900 Preset Tones and a 7-inch TouchView display. Other highlights are a polyphonic arpeggiator, a drum tracking module, and a step sequencer. Included in the scope of delivery is a download code for a comprehensive and free-range of additional software.
The most important features of Nautilus at a glance:
- 9 Modernized Sound Engines of the Kronos Workstation
- The New Operating Concept with Mode and Quick Access Buttons
- 7 ‘’TouchView Screen (800 x 480 Pixels) in Dark Mode
- Real-Time Controller (Retractable) for Sound Processing
- Polyphonic Arpeggiator, Drum Track, and Step Sequencer
- Set List – Mode for Excellent Live Performances
- Preview Function for Sounds and Combinations
- Favorite Voice Function to Set Favorite Sounds
- 3-Band EQ (Midi and Audio) for Each Track
- Smooth Sound Transition – Prevents Interruptions When Changing Sounds
- Dynamic Control for Impressive Sound Settings
- Sampling Function for Your Own Sound Creation
- 16 Channel Midi Sequencer and 16 Channel Voice Recorder (24Bit – 48kHz)
- 16 Effect Processors, 2 Main Effect Paths, and 2 Total Effects
- USB B Type for USB Medium and Audio
- 61 and 73 Models with Lightly Weighted Keys
- RH3 88 Model with Hammer Action Keyboard
- Free Software Package (KORG Software Tools, Reason Lite, Ozone Elements, Skoove)
The KORG Nautilus will be available from February 2021. Prices of different models are as follows:
– Nautilus 61: 2.199 Euro
– Nautilus 73: 2.499 Euro
– Nautilus 88: 2.899 Euro
You can find more information about Nautilus on the official Korg homepage.
Korg Optix is a modified FM synthesizer with six operators. The focus is on raising the previous possibilities of FM synthesis to a whole new level. Providing access to previously unexplored sound worlds. Five different operator modes are on FM, Ring Modulation, Filter, Filter FM, and Wave Folder. 21 hand-selected waveforms with different overtone structures and 40 different algorithms speak for themselves at this point.
Providing real-time visual feedback on the sounds produced. It is worth mentioning the Oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer functions of the central OLED display. Movement sequence for up to six different sound parameters. Also great is the 6-way polyphonic step sequencer that includes a diverse arpeggiator.
The download package will also be included in Korg Opsix.
The most important features of Opsix at a glance:
- New Type FM Synthesizer with 6 Operators
- 37 Light Keys
- Classical FM Synthesis Plus Completely New Possibilities
- Multi-Colored LEDs for Dynamic Identification of Operating Elements
- Operator Mixer with Faders and Rotary Knobs
- 6 Data Entry Rotary Control for Quick Access to Important Audio Parameters
- Sharp Oled Screen for Easy Navigation
- 5 Different Operator Modes ( FM, Ring Mode, Filter, Filter FM, Wave Folder)
- 40 Algorithms User Algorithm
- 21 Different Waveforms
- Multimode Filter with 11 Different Filter Types
- 32-Fold Polyphony (24-Fold Depending on Settings)
- 16-Step Polyphonic Step Sequencer
- Arpeggiator with 7 Patterns
- 64 Favorite Memories
- 3 Effect Examples with 30 Effect Types
- 12 Redirected Virtual Patch Section
- 3 ADSR Envelopes
- 3 LFOs with 23 Different Waveforms
- Smooth Sound Transition (SST) for a Seamless Transition Between Different Sounds
- Pitch Bend Control and MOD Wheel
- 500 Voice Memory Locations (250 Pre-Assigned Ex Works, Overwritten)
- Integrated Spectrum Analyzer and Oscilloscope Function
- Randomizing Function for Random Sound Generation
- USB-MIDI and Standard MIDI IN / OUT, Balanced Jack Outputs L / R, Headphone Output, Continuous Pedal Connection (not included)
- Including a quick start guide, power supply, and comprehensive software package for download
Korg Opsix has been on the market since this month. The Price is 799 euro.